In this camp, students will learn the art of fabric and paper craft making! They will learn to sew their own felt pencil pouch, how to make their own string art with nails and string, how to make self-portraits with origami and how to make their own cards and hand-folded envelopes!
Supplies ARE included with in-person camps.
Supplies are not included with online camps.
We suggest doing a trip to Wal-Mart for this camp. All the items on this list can be found in a single aisle for much less expensive than online or any craft store. For the String Art project, we will be using foam and pins. For the online camp, we suggest buying a String Art "kit" that already has foam, pins and string inside and we will use those materials for our own design.
Below we have included links to buy online, but everything is much cheaper in person at wal-mart!
- Origami Paper: 4 pieces, any colors
- Construction paper: 3 pieces any colors
- Paint pens *optional
- *Sticker gems *optional
- needle threader
- mixed media paper: at least 4 pieces
- practice paper
- colored pencils
- scrap book paper: any size, any colors. We will be making birthday cards, so you may want to get a birthday theme, like this (click here)
- foam/string/pins: easiest to buy a kit, like this (click here)
- felt: 2 pieces of premium felt for the actual pencil pouch, plus a few extra pieces of other colors to cut out details. These are about $.25 to $.99 per sheet in person at walmart, but if you want to buy online, you'd have to buy a much larger pack, like this
- extra felt: various colors for details on pencil pouch
- zipper: at least 7" or longer (we will trim to size), any color
- cotton floss: for pencil pouch (any color) *you only need 1-2 of these which can be purchased individually in person at walmart for about $1 each. but here's a set from target online