In each day of this camp, students will be inspired by middle-grade novel genres. They will begin with Fantasy, learning to use alcohol-based markers, inspired by books like Harry Potter! Then, they will have a day of Mystery, creating old maps, inspired by books like Sherlock Holmes. Then, they will escape the universe into Sci-Fi books such as Star Wars and create their own sci-fi inspired pictures. Lastly, they will end with a Steam-Punk inspired day inspired by books such as 2000 Leagues Under the Sea.
- Online via Zoom
- June 15th-18th
- Meets daily Tue-Fri 12:30-2:00pm PT
Supplies are not included with online camps. As always, you are welcome to purchase new items or just use supplies that you already have at home.
- Chalk pastels, watercolors, colored pencils, acrylic paints
- Alcohol-based markers (copic) You can buy inexpensive alcohol markers or the real thing, called Copic.
- Paper: A couple pieces of mixed-media paper 9x12 or 11x14, plus a few sheets of gray/brown/beige papers.
- Optional Items: A feather, glow in the dark pen, brads, glitter paint
- Items from home: practice paper (ie: copy paper), pencil, sharpie, eraser, scissors, glue